Medical Office Assistant Needed
We are looking to fill a full time position. Standard work hours are Monday-Friday, typically 8-5. Employees will be expected to work at all three of our offices, which are located in Commerce Township, Bloomfield Hills and Rochester.
General Position Description:
The Front Office Assistant will be responsible for greeting patients, completing patient files, taking vitals, rooming patients, and providing an overall support for the patients and physicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome all patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answer all inquiries and direct patients through the registration process
• Utilizing a multi-line phone system, fax machine, printer, copier and scanner
• Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, determine need for and obtain insurance authorizations as needed.
• Register patients, verify insurance eligibility, and collect payments utilizing various software systems
• Take patients to their exam rooms, take vitals, draw up injections and possibly act as a chaperone for opposite sex exams, obtaining insurance authorization for procedures and medications prescribed by the physician as well as processing the orders
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure as frequent interruptions of one task to perform another are commonplace
• Attention to detail is a must
• Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
• Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others by modeling a genuine, caring, friendly demeanor
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of the audiences needs
• Candidate must have computer skills, including familiarity with basic word programs and spreadsheet functions.
• Must be willing to learn new systems and methods, such as how to work with specific scheduling and billing software
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 248-650-5865.